Katie Stevenson

Katie Stevenson
Using my head!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hot ‘n dusty Lusaka!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, (and girls)
We are now in Lusaka and staying in a little inn and the room is small, but I’m glad to have somewhere to rest my head at night, as I have already seen people who are homeless and they are often outside begging for money as they are hungry. In a city like Lusaka you wouldn’t expect to see such poverty. God has really opened my eyes as to the poverty as it is great in Lusaka.

As to the bugs the only bug I’ve seen was a little cockroach and that was in the taxi!!!!!!!!!! I feel more intimidated here than in South Africa, because the army are everywhere and they walk around casually with semi automatic rifles. I have seen little puppies for sale at either the roundabouts or the traffic lights the reason is that the people are desperate for money. The puppies are so cute but I wouldn’t dare touch them as they probably haven’t had the necessary vaccinations.

It is not ALL poverty as there are malls and some people can afford a comfortable lifestyle. Last night we went to a mall for dinner and there was a movie theatre and it costs 14,000 Kwacha that is about four New Zealand dollers. Now that’s CHEAP!!!!!!!!

The fences are a bit intimidating for example if there is a brick fence they will have broken glass bottles sitting on the top so that if any one tries to clamber over the fence they will fall as they have glass in their hand.
Good Bye.

From your sister in Christ,
Katie.

1 comment:

  1. love it all katie :D those puppies huh hahaha yeah i know we had the same in the phillipiens soooo cute i let it like me and ppl where like :oh you shouldnt do that you could get sick " ?!?!? ok..... lol but dont u just wana smoosh them!!

    love the stories, glad Gods working in ya
    rudolf

    ReplyDelete