Katie Stevenson

Katie Stevenson
Using my head!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Our Daily Routines In Samfya


Hey guys,
I thought I would tell you about our daily routines today.

We get up at about 6am because it is so light.
About 7am we have breakfast and sweep the floors (as it is concrete), make the beds, get dressed etc, fill the water bottles for the day with filtered or boiled water, then we go for a walk.

When we get back, I start my schoolwork, I am working through Anne of Green Gables at the moment. I have finished reading the book but I am still doing the comprehension part. I am also doing spelling and a project on Malaria.

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, we have ladies study, although sometimes I stay home with the housekeeper Rosemary and do more schoolwork!

The power goes off at about 6pm most nights and stays off until about 8pm. Mum has to be very organised with cooking dinner or we don’t get any until the power comes back on.

This is a typical day for me here in Africa!
Bye from Katie

1 comment:

  1. what unisual times to put the power off, right at dinner time man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love mollie

    ReplyDelete